Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Day 7

Yesterday I went to the Musee d'Orsay. I saw lots of Monets and Manets and Degas(s) and Renoirs and VanGoghs. I would recommend it. I stayed there most of the day(taking breaks to sit down and read) then I went in search of Daniel's favorite cafe. But I got impatient because it was starting to rain and I was hungry so I ended up going to the supermarche. As usual. And then McDonalds later. In between I did a lot of window shopping. They have a lot of neat little stores near St.Paul and Pont Nuef. I talked to some American girls who are studying in Paris for a year at a yarn shop -they also knit. Then I headed home... finished reading the last few lines of the DaVinci Code as I was stepping off the Metro. That I would also recommend. I had a dream last night that I was pushing it in peoples faces trying to convince them to read it... so I guess I'm even more enthusiastic than I realized. When I got home I met Valentine's brother, Geoffroy (jeh- fwah), who tells very animated stories though he doesn't speak much English. Today I am eating chocolate cereal (second morning in a row- which happens to be a lifetime record) and when I am done with that I will visit the Centre Pompidou and then maybe the cinema! Oooh! Yesterday in my Babybel (ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-by-bel)cheese I got a prize. A tiny fencing cheese man keychain. It is my pride and joy. Also I am convinced that in France they DO NOT have any of the following: baking powder, crisco, black beans, rotel, cheddar cheese, or correct chinese food. So bring your own from home.
Over and out.

2 Comments:

At 9/28/2005 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brannon,

Sounds like you are really getting into the culture and doing the non-touristy things that help you get a feel for the "real" country you are visiting. Sounds like a lot of fun --- instead of the usual sightseeing frenzy! Enjoy!

 
At 9/28/2005 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see some pictures, too. I hope you will be able to go up in the Eiffel Tower. You are supposed to have showers the rest of this week, so the view may not be the best.
SURELY, they have baking powder in France. Or self-rising flour?
Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home