Monday, September 26, 2005

Day 5

Last night Valentine and I made the trip up to Montmartre. It was a very steep climb but at the top there is an amazing veiw of Paris. We were a little late for mass so we just went in for a few minutes. The priest was giving his sermon in French, of course,so I didn't understand. But the hugeness and the echoing of the building made it seem very ominous. Afterwards we split a crêpe with butter and sugar. It was delicious and much better the pre-made ones I tried to make at home. On the way back we stop off on the metro at Pagille for a look around. It's where the Moulin Rouge is and a quite a sight. We didn't stay long... it is a pretty scandelous area and I would have been very nervous if I had been by myself. Then we stopped off at Concorde where we walked down Champs Elysée towards the Arc de Triomphe. It is a very ritzy area with expensive resturaunts and shops. We saw one very famous store, Mont Blanc, that had a ballpoint pen in the window for the bargain price of €600. Probably your dream pen, Mother. We also saw a bunch of wild Greek men waving flags and singing. Greece won their basketball tournament against France I suppose. We watched part of it the other day at Jean Baptiste's apartment. Well I have to get a move on. I have so much to do and the weather is gorgeous. C'est bonne.

3 Comments:

At 9/26/2005 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm running this morning. We are one of four school systems in the state staying in business today. Gov'ner Sonny asked school systems to close Mon and Tues to save gas... a major pipeline is down because of the hurricanes. Rome & Floyd opted out.

Can't wait to talk to you again! So get that phone going.

I'm glad you've found an appropriate souvenir to bring home for your Mom! :-)

143

Pop

 
At 9/26/2005 8:13 AM, Blogger Joan said...

What a great day! I am SO glad you are having this wonderful experience! Wish I had your courage to go along with my desire for adventure!

 
At 10/03/2005 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, when you get to Munich let me know. I'm only a two hr drive north of Munich and will drive down to see you. 49 (0)175 836 5965 or at home 49 (0)9721 474 7794. Munich is a great city. I go down there often

 

Post a Comment

<< Home