Sunday, September 25, 2005

Day 4

Today Valentine had to study so I ventured out on my own. I went to the Eiffel Tower. I want to go to the top... but I didn't have the money or the energy today. Then I wandered my way into this giant National Defense exhibit/festival thing in the Hotel de Invalides. I paid to go into the museum and to see Napoleon's Tomb. Which was overwhelming but not overwhelmingly interesting. The weather cleared up into a really nice day. Starting tomorrow I am buying a week long Metro pass and start my rounds of museums and overcrowded attractions. The DaVinci Code is very exciting... I'm halfway through. And putting it down is difficult. Tonight Valentine and I are going to Montmartre for mass and sightseeing.
P.S. Nothing is open here on Sundays! I might as well be in the South!

4 Comments:

At 9/25/2005 2:34 PM, Blogger Joan said...

Sounds like a good day to me! The Eiffel Tower and Napoleon's tomb --two places with world-wide recognition. What is the time difference between here and there?

 
At 9/25/2005 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey brannon--i just caught up on your whirlwind adventure, and I'm overwhelmed to say the least! i can't believe how much fun you're having, i'm incredibly jealous. i will now become an avid reader through the end of your trip--especially when i'm bored at work, so keep 'em comin!
love, carlyn

 
At 9/25/2005 5:13 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Hi Brannie-Ru -- I'm so glad you're having a good time. Glad also that you emailed your mom and dad and reassured them yesterday that you're okay. I enjoy reading your posts. Keep having a good time. Love, Aunt Carol

 
At 9/25/2005 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bran,
I am enjoying your blog so much, and Joan's and Carol's. I may just have to start my own. We have been telling everyone abiout it so your readership may be growing.

Today I looked through your pictures again and saw a few comments I hadn't seen before. I hope you get a chance to label them all. The shot of people will be the ones you value in the long run, so don't forget to take lots of those. You can always find great shots of the famous places but you'll want to remember the people.

Don't forget to give me your address. I enjoy seeing where you are on the maps.

We saw "I Do I Do" at RLT thias afternoon. Wendell did a good job. We helped with "Jeasus in the Park" too. Mom's gone back to Ridge Ferry to help some more now.

Have a great evening.

143

Pop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home