Monday, September 19, 2005

Oxford

I've made it to Oxford... but now I'm not so sure what to do. I've bought some very expensive Internet time and coffee and checked into my hostel. Oxford Backpacker's hostel seems nice enough... the room is smaller and there are more people crammed in than before. But there is a very nice kitchen and it is near the bus station. It is cloudy but not as cold here in good ole England. I think I will just wander around a bit. There are lots of little shops here. If you are thinking of going to Oxford my impression so far is: good choice with a current standing of probably-really-cool. I was thinking of renting a bike for a half a second... but I'm a little too scared of being run over. Granted it's not as crowded as London but I still have trouble looking the right way when crossing the street. I need to book a hostel in Paris beintot! (O.K. I had to look that one up... but I did practice a little earlier). I want to find the Harry Potter chapel and the library tonight!
Au revoir.

2 Comments:

At 9/19/2005 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you're in Oxford, visit the 'Eagle and Child pub'. Its where CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien drank and what-not. It rocks. Also check out the library. The big one. Its more secure than a bank. Have fun!
-WES

 
At 9/19/2005 8:40 PM, Blogger Trey said...

I also believe that Tolkien's home is in or near Oxford. You should go by Leed's University, that is where he taught at and where he worked on his part of the Oxford dictionary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home