Saturday, September 17, 2005

Day 11

Well, it's my last couple of days in London. I found a nearby, cheap (only £1 for an hour) weekend internet option! I have to say I'm ready to move on. It seems like I've been here forever. Last night I was attempting to go see The Storm at the Globe but running late and overshot trying to take a short cut. So I decided to just keep going. The National Film Theatre is always over run with people so I decided to pop in to see what was going on in there. I ended up going to see a tragic Japanese film named "The Precipice". It was about mountain climbers and their affairs and the quality of nylon rope. It was pretty interesting...and melodramtic. But it's what all the kids are doing these days. They actually had some cool sounding movies scheduled but I would have had to plan ahead to see any of those. I would go back.
Bob Dylan is all over the place here. He's artist of the month and they have an exhibit and there is going to be a documentary pre-veiwing the day after I leave London. Oh well.
I'm about to head down to the river... the Mayor's Thames Festival is going on so I need to find out what that's about. There are no home football games today! I may try take the train to go see Chelsea this afternoon. Otherwise I'll just try to catch a girl-match (which are MUCH cheaper) tomorrow at 2pm. Or else I'll just skip the national past time. Depending on my mood. Hmm. Yesterday I made it to both Regent's Park (but it was too freezing to stay) and Hamley's Toys (the best part is the Harry Potter stairs). I've been doing my own thing the past few days which is good... but I wouldn't mind some human contact.The Spaniards who are new to our room seem very nice... but their English is not too good so it's hard to communicate. Maybe I should start practicing my French...

2 Comments:

At 9/17/2005 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning! I hope we can hear your voice today or tomorrow. I miss it! It sounds like you are finding lots of good things to do. I hope you find some congenial companions today and tomorrow.

How's your budget?

We went to the Rome Homecoming game last night. They whupped Southeast 42-0. Lillian is going to the dance tonight with Samuel Williams. She and a group of friends are eating at the Waterfront Grill and then doing pics in the park. We'll go over and make some pics.

Did you check out the website of the hostel in Italy that Peggy mentioned? It looks like a good one.

I've got parent conferences to do Mon, Tues & Weds Our goal is to confer with 100% of the parents, at least 70% face to face. I've scheduled all but two of mine. So prepping for the conferences will take most of my weekend.

Uncle Gil had his heart procedure yesterday. Gil, Jr. and Charmaine say he is recovering well. They put in a stent to open one vessel that was blocked in two places and found one other less severe blockage that they will decide what to do about later. It is so crazy to think that someone as disciplined about his exercise and weight would have cardiovascular problems!

Have fun at Chelsea (or the girls soccer game or whatever) and be listening for your phone!

143

Pop

 
At 9/17/2005 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I downloaded about half (85) of your full sized images into iPhoto. I'll download the rest ASAP. Lil says that from Safari you just drag the pic from your website to the iPhoto icon & that's it. I downloaded them one-at-a-time in Netscape. I'll try Lil's method on the others. There's probably a batch way to do it. I haven't discovered it yet tho.

Hope you've had a good day. We've been cleaning the Grand Am for tonight. Then the blinkers & stop lights went out on it after we washed it so we cleaned to Taurus for her to take it. Then when the Grand Am dried out, the lights worked fine so she's taking it to Homecoming after all. I guess a bath was a shock to the Grand Am's system, having had so little experience with cleanliness. :-)

143

Pop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home