Monday, November 14, 2005

Officially Ill.

Yesterday proved frustratingly nonproductive. It turns out Germany closes on Sundays. So I had loads of clothing stores, T-mobiles (with one particularly big T-mobile) and supermarkets just sitting there mocking me. I seriously considered staying the night in Munich and going to Salzburg later today. But I couldn´t be bothered to change my plans. And I was too cold to stay in Munich any longer. I took a big walk around the city. Saw the glockenspeil and the castle and somesort of marching band parade. Stopping in at the occasional Starbucks or McDonalds to regather my strength.
I got into Salzburg around 7 and found my way to the hostel fairly easily. I met a Canadian brother/sister wonder team (Lucas and Ashley) who I talked to and exchanged money with (they had just been to Budapest). Then I turned in for an early night. I haevn´t seen much of Salzburg yet (except the inside of C&A... but didn´t buy much because they don´t take credit cards...I´ll have to go back). I think I´ll take a look around this afternoon and maybe go for a nap. I want to see the city... but its SO cold.

7 Comments:

At 11/14/2005 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm running... but have a better day today!! Get warm and buy some warm clothes. I love you, Brannyroo!

Pop

 
At 11/14/2005 7:55 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Hi Brannon -- hope your day gets better and better. Take good care of yourself and stay warm. Give Josh a call and spend a couple days with some family. Sounds like you need a little break - and that might be just the ticket. Love you!

 
At 11/14/2005 9:27 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Listen to your Aunt Carol -- she gave some good advice. Maybe a day or so with family and in a real home would renew you. Keep exploring; it all sounds so great (except for the cold.) We love you and miss you.

 
At 11/14/2005 9:40 AM, Blogger Cath said...

I'm sorry you're sick! I got sick when I was in St. Andrew's and it was miserable until I found some cold medicine. Buy warmer clothes and don't push yourself too hard. :) God, I hope you're not still wearing flip flops with everything...

 
At 11/14/2005 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brannon, I just came from a sex trafficking summit (liberals running this one BTW) and the woman running it -- Christine Dolan, an investigative journalist/author, wrote a report, "Shattered innocence." She was a compelling person who has travelled the world investigating child slavery. Anyway, I resolved to write to you because she (who is 45-50 at least) told about how the traffickers target recent college grads who are doing the "tour Europe" thing and how she [Christine] was appalled at how effective they are in dropping pills into drinks, etc. and that they actually kidnap girls and young women. This is a very sophisticated lady and she was shocked. I had not realized that girls your age would be targetted -- so please be careful. Love you!!!!

 
At 11/14/2005 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brannon,

You are supposed to do Northern Europe in the SUMMER and Southern Europe in the WINTER!!!

Silly girl!!!!

Get some rest and warm clothes so you can enjoy the rest of your trip!!

:)

 
At 11/14/2005 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked up Salzburg on the internet and it was all in German :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home