Sunday, October 30, 2005

Perugia

I was intending on going to Seina... but I want to spend the night there and the onehostel listed in my guidebook isn't online. So I'm going to Perugia. Same direction. Umbria instead of Tuscany. But they are supposed to have famous chocolate. And that is always worth checking out. I'm finally up to date on pictures! Unfortunately in my haste to get 300+ pictures off of my camera I overlooked up to 18 shots of Interlaken. Boo. Most of them I can replace with similar ones from Cassie... but still I'm very frustrated with myself.
Yesterday I went to see "David" at Academia and went through the markets again. It was worth a look. I'm looking to send a package home soon to get a load of souveneirs,ect off. But my guidebook says sending packages in Italy is a gamble... so I'm a bit hesitant. I think I'll still try to send one from Vatican city. That's supposed to be the safest bet. This morning I've walked around a bit more than I intended. I overshot the train station and am working my way back. Ah well. Tomorrow in Rome.

3 Comments:

At 10/30/2005 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been downloading some of your pics. I haven't been very organized about it though. And it is a very slow process... I think the website wants to discourage downloading and encourage buying prints.

Thanks for labeling more of them. It makes them even more interesting. I loved the muddy pants after the gliding. And the Cinque Terre pics are fantastic. I'm glad you pitched in the help the poor folks of Pisa with their defective tower.

We went for the hour and a half dramatic tour of Myrtle Hill yesterday. It was fun for me. There were actors staioned at graves along the way to depict the people interred there. "Bill Arp" talked about the civil war graves. A confederate widow in black dress read a last letter from her husband. An artist (Susan Harvey) talked about her life a. Von Gammons mother talked of how sghe saved football. One of Alfred Shorter's employees (Bob Harris) talked about him. Ellen Axson's father (Warren Jones) talked about Ellen. They did a good job.

Lil had her fall chorus concert last night. They did a great job.

The high school also presented their one-act. The one-act was pretty terrible. Bad direction and poor choice of plays. The kids could have done much better with good direction. (IMHO)

143

Pop

 
At 10/30/2005 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got back from A Chorus Line. Jennifer was outstanding! It was a great show. Standing O!

Jennifer's family was there. It was great to see Paul and Sylvia.

Just thot you'd like to know.

Lots of folks said to say Hi... so Hi!! from all your Shorter friends.

 
At 10/31/2005 5:44 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Hi Brannon! Hmmmm. Chocolate?! Hope you bring some home to share! Good luck with shipping your package. Enjoy Italy. Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home