Saturday, October 29, 2005

This is where Lucy wants to go...

in "While You Were Sleeping". I've had beautiful weather so far in Florence. Yesterday I wandered around and saw the copy of David and the fronts of many famous buildings. I went to the Leonardo DaVinci's machines museum...which was something I wanted to do in Toledo... so I was glad to do it here. It was really cool. The mechanical knight at the door actually moved when you came near and everything. DaVinci really was a genius. I particularly liked the British women behind me who kept saying "Well, isn't that clever" to everything including the worm screw... which is indeed pretty clever. I also went to several piazzas and Ponte Vecchio, the bridge. I'm going to try to look for a way to walk by the river... I didn't see a pedestrian path yesterday. Today I'm going to head to Academia to see the real David and then try to get inside the duomo. If you climb it there are supposed to be really good veiws of Florence. Last night I got to watch High Fidelity on DVD on someones laptop. It was great. It's been a while since I saw a movie. I'm staying with David and Tom one more night and then heading tomorrow to Seina. Then Rome. Ciao, baby.

1 Comments:

At 10/29/2005 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Fantastic pictures!
Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home