Tuesday, November 22, 2005

In Praha

I arrived in Prague last night. I actually tried to blog twice in Budapest and the computer shut down on me halfway through TWICE. Different computers even. I guess it wasn't meant to be. The last day in Budapest I spent wandering around Buda and Margit Island (the huge-island park where everyone goes on sunday to bring their dogs/children). It was snowing in Budapest when I left. And its not snowing here! But its cold and cloudy so maybe it will come. The train was long. I got crammed in with a bunch of students and a teacher it looked like. I coulnd't understand anything they were saying but they were very funny. Halfway through the trip they broke out the alcohol and offered me a drink.
When I arrived in Prague it was dark. The metro seemed nice but everything else seemed sketchy. Luckily I found an Austrailian couple going the same place. Ironically as soon as I got into my room, in walked another Austrailian couple I had met in Corfu. Beck and Rob (thats not his name but someing like that. So now I've seen 3 backpackers twice by mere chance. Really only two since these are together. There seems to be tons to do here. Second hand stores and ice skating (I never made it to the one in Budapest) and loads of cafes and sights. I think I'll go for a bit of a wander.

5 Comments:

At 11/22/2005 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you made it to Prague! I hope you have just enough snow to be fun!
Love, Mom

 
At 11/22/2005 2:01 PM, Blogger Cath said...

Can I just say how much I love that you said people take their dogs/children to the park? Just lumped in there together. Dogs first, even. I heart my Brannon. ^_^

 
At 11/22/2005 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I have missed your blog the last few days. It was nice to come home and see a new post today. Hope you find tons of interesting things to do. Have fun!

 
At 11/23/2005 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I received your postcard, I'm in you blog almost 5 minutes every day and it's 5 minutes of real pleasure, joy and fun.
You are so lucky to be in Prague, I really hope I'll go there later.

So so sorry for my english.

Have fun. And don't forget to take advantage of each minutes of your amazing trip.

 
At 11/23/2005 8:08 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Great to read a comment from you, Valentine -- we feel like we know you from Brannon's posts while she was in Italy. BTW, your English was almost perfect in your comment!

Brannon, I hope you got some warm clothes and that you enjoy some snow!

We love you and will miss you tomorrow at Grandmother's for Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home