Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Baths

Madeleine and I met up yesterday and followed through with our plan of going to the baths. Despite the fact the weather was gorgeous. As it is today. I have never been happier that CNN.com is completely inaccurate about the weather in Budapest. The baths were amazing. It was crowded. Mostly old people and tourists. First we went to the outside ones (yes, OUTSIDE) which took a bit of nerve. The air was cold but the water was HOT. At least in the first pool. The worst part was getting up the courage to get out and try to make it to the next outdoor pool. The second outdoor pool we did not get in because it was the lap pool and did not have an acceptible warmth factor. The third was a current pool. Meaning (I just made up the name) there were currents that pushed you along in it. There was a circle in the middle. The inner circle became a jacuzi, bubbling every 10 minutes or so. The outer was a whirl pool. It was a little like a ride because the water shooting out was enough to make you loose control and go faster than you meant. We were ran into and did some running into people ourselves. Then we went to the indoor pools. Which were ten fold. I didn't really count but there were a bunch. Each seemed to be a different temperature. There were people doing water aerobics and a whirlpool that was not warm enough. There were also saunas which are not for the faint of heart.
We didn't end up leaving until nearly 6. And we got there about noon. So it took a full day. We splurged a bit on Hungarian pedicures which it turns out has not much to do with painting your nails. More taking off your skin. It didn't hurt or anything, actually feels nice now...but we were a little freaked out.
Then I went home and ate dinner at my hostel and took a nap. I ended up going out with a big group last night. We didn't even leave until nearly 2. So I walked home through Budapest at 6 o'clock this morning with a Serbian and a Bulgarian. I won't pretend I'm not proud I can say that. Just try to trump it. Needless to say I am tired. I have so much left to see here and only one day! I honestly would probably stay another if I thought anything would be open on Sunday. Apparently "Hello" in Hungarian is pronounced "See you".

3 Comments:

At 11/19/2005 8:39 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Brannon, continue to take lots of intentional mental pictures -- these memories will last a lifetime! Love you.

 
At 11/19/2005 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. (Remember to be careful, diligent, proactive, observant, aware, vigilant and wary!! I can't help myself.)

Rome lost in a dogfight last night. They threw Northside for a safety on the first play of the game and managed to hold that two-point lead until the third quarter. Rome drove to the NS 10 on thier first drive and missed a field goal. And missed a FG from the 25 on the next. They whupped NS on field position and total yardage in the first half, but NS controlled the second half. They only broke two big gains all night though. NS ended up winning 14-2. The fourth time in five years Rome has lost in the third round. The other three winners ended up state champs, I suspect NS will too.

We're gonna see Harry, Ron & Hermione at 2 p.m.

Can't wait to hear about Prague!

143!!!!!

 
At 11/19/2005 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to Prague? I think Josh and Charlee are in Prague this weekend.... you might run into them... But they'll probably be leaving when you are arriving! lol

The baths sound marvelous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home