Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Some Sort of National Holiday

I think today is ¨We discovered the New World¨day in Spain. Columbus Day. It´s a national holiday at least and museums and such are closed. This morning just as we got outside the clouds began to clear and we had about 20 minutes of gorgeous. Then it rained. But it was nice. We took the "blue" line tour bus, wasted quite a bit of time in the Train Station trying to book reservations to Nice and tickets for tomorrow´s dat-trip to Dali-town. After that we went to a full scale reconstructed traditional Spanish village, which I thought was very nice. They had a strange art park where Thirza and I took a bunch of stupid pictures and some great views of the city. They also had a bunch of little shops where they made things right in front of you (stained glass, tapestries, guitars, and such). We rode the bus around quite a bit. We had to fight for the top seats today and once we had them it was hard to give them up. We breifly explored the Barri Gothic/ancient ruin part of town. If we have any time after the Dali museum/town tomorrow we will go back. I´m a bit up in the air deciding when to leave Barcelona. I need to get a move on. I wonder how the weather in Italy is late November and early December. If I reroute my trip I could fly into London from Venice. And maybe not be so cold in Germany. Hmmm.

4 Comments:

At 10/12/2005 2:33 PM, Blogger Joan said...

Sounds like another great day in the life of Brannie Roo! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this blog so we can come along for the ride. Love you and miss you! Aunt Joan

 
At 10/12/2005 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I e-mailed you some info about weather in Germany, Italy, and Prague in Oct., Nov., and Dec.
Love,
Mom

 
At 10/13/2005 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brannon, what a trip you are having! You know, I thought this was a crazy idea when you started talking about it. But you are really having a good time.
Thanks for blogging. I don't always write a comment, but I do read you blog most days.
Love you lots, Aunt Debi

 
At 10/13/2005 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brannon,

Like Debi, I don't always write a response, but I do read your blog almost every day and really enjoy following along with your adventures. I'm with Joan about the benefit of the blog. You'll be surprised at how much you would forget about the specifics otherwise! Have a great time!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home