Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Anniversary Issue.

Today is Europe and my ONE MONTH anniversary. It was meant to be. I celebrated with a terrific trip to Toledo with Deliliah and everyone´s favorite Pole, Micheal, who we met today on the train. Yesterday Deliliah and I went to the Placa de Real where they had a marching band, and boys in uniform, and boys in uniform on horses. Then we wandered around a bit. I found a great falafel place and discovered that McDonald´s IS my US Embassy. I met an REAL Madrid-ian, Vanesa, who is at University for English Philoligy (which Micheal kindly explained is basically Language/Phonetics/Something like that) in the literature in English section of the "Casa de Libros". TODAY we went to cathedrals and museums and a synagoge. Toledo is beautiful. I could have stayed another day happily. Especially since we didn´t catch the "Inventions of Leonardo DaVinci" exhibit until seista time. The scenery is gorgeous and its just very Spanish. Spain has offered nothing but perfect weather thus far. I also met an old man on the Metro on my way home and was very proud that though he spoke no English I managed to figure out he was from Peru had travelled to N. America and wanted to get off at the Anton Martin stop. Really great day today. Learned loads about Poland. Tomorrow I may try to catch up with my Madrid friend, get yarn, go to one of the many recommended veggie resturants (thanks, random Irish man), go to the HUGE park, the more modern museum, and shop. Well I hope I get to all of that before I leave anyway. I can tell I´m going to really miss Deliliah like I´ve missed all of the friends I´ve made. But we´ll catch up in Barcelona. Ahh, the beach. I can´t wait for my holiday from vacationing! Hasta la vista, baby.

6 Comments:

At 10/06/2005 3:20 PM, Blogger Joan said...

Brannon, I was waiting for your post of the day. Sounds like Toledo was a great day trip.
Love you! Aunt Joan

 
At 10/06/2005 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so good to hear your voice yesterday!!!

It sounds like Toledo was an interesting place to visit. Nothing much going on here. It's raining today, but I still managed to do some painting under the shed part of the outbuilding,. I'm still hoping we can make it to the storytelling festival, but Mom is sounding kinda dubious about it.

It was good to see you had posted comments on some of your pics.

Have a great day!!

143

Pop

 
At 10/06/2005 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brannon! Send me a postcard, please!!! I Love You!

 
At 10/07/2005 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a wonderful day in Toledo. I've been to Toledo . . . in the new world, of course. And it isn't at all like the one in the old world.
Love you, Aunt Debi

 
At 10/07/2005 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I enjoyed looking at the Paris pics with their labels.

Love,
Mom

 
At 10/07/2005 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea!! More pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home