Friday, October 07, 2005

Day 31

Today I slept in. I mean I still got up for free breakfast...but then I went back to bed. The weather is still beautiful. Apparently Spain is going through a drought to my advantage. I went to the train station to get a reservation for Sunday but they DO require you to bring your pass here so I waited an hour for nothing. Then I tried to find my way home an experimental way and an hour later finally found myself behind the building I started out in front of. But its all good. I met some California girls, Mandy, Gwen, and Cameron who I went out with for very expensive but tasty tapas. Tomorrow I´m going to hang out with Vanesa, the girl I met in the bookshop from Madrid. So that should be fun. Otherwise I´m going to actually try to get some of the things I intended to do today done tomorrow. No rush. There are a lot of programs to learn Spanish here. When I come back that´s exactly what I will do. I was very proud tonight when a guy asked me "¿Como te llamo?" And though I was all geared up to say "No habla espanol". I said "Me llamo Brannon." Maybe I did retain something of those 16 years of school after all. They do the kissy cheek thing here too. Adios amigos.

2 Comments:

At 10/07/2005 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray form a sleep-in day! It was a rainy grey day here, a good day for a sleep-in. The last day of fall break.

¡El padre le ama!

 
At 10/08/2005 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brannon, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your adventures as you travel through Europe. What an experience. I told your mom and dad, when they were here for the party we had for Jared and his bride, that I would have never had the nerve to do what you are doing. Furthermore, if I have even suggested that I wanted to backpack through Europe on my own, his reply would have been, "I don't think so young lady"!!! What wonderful memories you are going to have for a lifetime. Be safe and have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home