Sunday, October 02, 2005

Last Day in Paris

The weather yesterday turned out to be really nice. Valentine and I went to the Institute of Monde Arabe. Or something like that. Its a modern building with a fantastic view of the city. Then we went walking around downtown. And split a chocolate macaroon, which was delish. It was SO crowded. Apparently this is a good week to be in Paris because its Nuit Blache, "White Night", and so the museum exhibits stayed open all night and there was contemporary music and artists everywhere. This is all what I hear. I opted the less-fun night (Valentine had to babysit anyway)and stayed at the apartment to shower and pack and sleep. At this moment I am waiting for my baking powdered and white flour biscuits to come out of the oven. Mmmm. And I'm going to make scrambled eggs. I'm taking a later, cheaper train to Madrid so I have a little more time to get to Versailles and back for dinner with Valentine (they eat very late here... luckily I've managed to teach Val that we Americans eat ALL the time). My biscuits are a success! Yay.
Au revoir, Paree.

2 Comments:

At 10/02/2005 6:49 AM, Blogger Joan said...

I am looking forward to hearing about your adventures in Spain. If I ever make it back to Europe, Spain will be the first destination I will nail down on my agenda. Take an extra look around on my behalf!

 
At 10/03/2005 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you'll read this in an internet cafe or hostel in Madrid this afternoon. Wow! What a trip you are on.

I hope you found the lost items. If not I hope you can find replacements easily.

Mom has sent phone instructions so I hope you'll call soon.

I really enjoyed my moviemaking experience this weekend. We did lots of takes of each scene. The young guy who wrote and directed it was very easy to work with and a nice fellow. We used four locations for the scenes I was in. The special ed room at Rome High was used as the orphanage. Broad Street for three quick street scenes. The Myers house for a dinner scene and the Gouldings house for a night scene. I helped set up the final scene to be filmed. It was done against a green screen (the fairy godmother).
It was interesting to me -- trying to be "method" -- that on every take of my three (count them) lines, they came out a little different each time. It'll be interesting to see which takes he chooses. I have no clue as to whether it was good acting or not. It's so different from stage acting -- all chopped, diced and scattered.

I guess I should get my own blog instead of taking over yours!! :-) Anyway, I wish you'd been here to talk with me about it & maybe participate.

By the way the Clays were all (even Daddy Mark) involved. "Honk" came up and they all went overboard talking about how much they enjoyed it.


Call! I need to hear your voice.

143

Pop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home