Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Buenos Dias, Madrid.

Did I mention I'm in hostel-heaven? I thought my clock was wrong when I woke up this morning but no it was still quiet and dark at 9:30. Yesterday I met a 25 year old girl going on a three month trip just like me. She quit her accounting job back in Texas because she hated it and came abroad. She JUST started. We'll both be in Barcelona next week, she is staying for a 6 week course in Spanish. We're also going to go on a day trip to Toledo together. Last night we went out to eat at a very crowded Spanish resturant. Everything stays open so late here. It´s crazy.
I changed rooms. The guy told me when I got here he thought (because of my name, thanks mom and dad) that I was a boy. So originally I was in a room with 7 other guys and an unmade bed. The roomies I met, Pedro from Brazil and Mike from Canada, seemed very nice but I decided to ask for a room where I wasn´t the only girl again. I also helped Cervio (that not spelled right) the Poll (is that diragatory?) figure out how to use the vending machine. And I met an Italian guy who stayed here a month ago and is back to work at the hostel. And two Australian girls, Michelle and Zoey, who live in my new room. And for the life of me I can´t remember the name of the girl I spent all day with and am meeting at 2pm this afternoon from Texas. Maybe Danielle? As soon as I figure it out I´m editing this post so I don´t feel like such a jerk.
This morning I´m going to take a Brannon´s Walking Tour. Maybe try to get to the park. Me and Texas walked around a bunch last night trying to decide where to eat. We had a plan but we got lost. But it turned out well, everyone is out at night so it felt safe. There is a Real Madrid home game NEXT Sunday. Which is sad because I was hoping my luck would get better and I could go to another futbol crazed country. But no. I still have the giant flea market. And EVERYONE says Barcelona is the place to be. Caio.

5 Comments:

At 10/04/2005 8:12 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Buenos Días, Brannon! (can't get the upside down exclamation mark code to work.) Have a wonderful day!
Tenga un buen dia. (Well, now I can't even get the accent mark code to work)

 
At 10/04/2005 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

NOW you can change your name to Misty! I'll call Cleve today!! ;-)

You and Tex have a great day.

¡Uno, cuatro, tres!
¡Su padre la ama!
Yo soy un hombre sincero.

(How's my translation widget doing, Joan?)

Pop

 
At 10/04/2005 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Brannon!
Sounds like you are all set in Madrid. I'm glad the hostel is a comfortable place.
Hey, you better start posting some pictures! If you don't make an album for each city, you will forget what was where.
Love you,
Mom

 
At 10/04/2005 12:34 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I got a chuckle out of your dad's comment. I figured having you in a room with all guys would get a good response from him! Again, it sounds like fun. Maybe I should take off on a European trip! Love you!

 
At 10/04/2005 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brannon, sounds like you are having a blast! Don't change your name to Misty -- you just don't look like a Misty. And, if you had been Misty, you would have missed out yesterday's adventure. Love you lots. Aunt Debi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home