Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I have no idea what day number we´re on

Dad can we get an official widget count on how many days left? I´m still having a great time in Madrid... there´s MUCH less to do here than in London or Paris I´m finding out. I might even see about moving on before Sunday...but I´ve already paid so it´ll depend on the refund. Yesterday morning I went to the park.. de Retiro.. and jogged around. It was nice. Then I met up with Delilah and went to the Prado. We spent a long time in there...museums make you tired and about halfway through you stop being so impressed. But I thought what was neat about the Prado is the fact that they let artists come in ...even with all their paints and canvases and everything (and they make us check our bags and water bottles at the door) and they stand by the original works and try to copy them. Some are better than others. It is neat. There were at least 4 painters and a couple sketchers so it was a busy day. Afte the Prado we went to P. del Sol which is sort of city center where a bunch of major streets collide and we ate these tiny little sub sandwiches.
Sue, from England, gave me her Top 10 things to do in Madrid book because she is leaving today so hopefully that will give us some more ideas. Last night I went out with a group of people going to a jazz club. Which was nice for a while but I skipped out early with a couple other girls to walk home. Areil is 18 and from Toronto and she may be coming with us to Toledo tomorrow. Laura is from Australia sleeps in my room and has a shaved head except for two places (where she said she has a scar and a bump. ha) I also met a couple guys from the Czech Republic...one of whom´s English sounds robotic. It´s hilarious. They are here to study Spanish but their classes don´t start for another couple of weeks. I also met a guy named Jamie from Seattle who is eventually going to Southeast Asia to look for a job. He may be abroad for 6 or 18 months... he´s not sure yet...or sure where he´s going next...maybe Portugal? So people are interesting. I used Delilah´s USB to download a FEW pictures of Paris (it takes so long to download) but she´ll be in Barcelona so I´m hoping I can continue bumming until there. Or find one I can buy. So look at my pictures. The End.

12 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brannon,
You left home one month ago today (Oct. 6). Seventy days until you come home, so I guess this is day 30.
Dad has a countdown widget on his computer and I have it written on the paper calendar!
I'm glad you are finding some folks to travel with.
Love, Mom

 
At 10/05/2005 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to my widget (I set it up the day you left) you will be home in 70 days, 15 hours, 35 minutes and some odd seconds -- though it seems to me you've been gone at least three months.

I want to talk to you!! Did you get your phone going? I just tried calling again just now and got Renee's voice mail again.

Its a shame you didn't have the USB cord while you were at Valentine's apt.

Have fun at Toledo.

143

Pop

 
At 10/05/2005 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS
I enjoyed seeing the Paris pics, BTW. Valentine does remind me a little of Rachael. I recognise the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and the Seine but I hope you get time to label the pics so we know more what we're looking at.

 
At 10/05/2005 8:47 AM, Blogger Joan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/05/2005 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! Today's Oct. 5, not Oct. 6, so your one-month milestone is tomorrow!
Try to get the phone situation straighted out and call us! We can hang up and call you right back to save your $$$. The best time to call is around 7:30 a.m. Georgia time, which would be 1:30pm Spain time. Or midnight or later Spain time, 6 p.m. or later GA time.
Love, Mom

 
At 10/05/2005 10:25 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

museums make you tired and about halfway through you stop being so impressed.

Good for you!!! Shows how smart you are.

 
At 10/05/2005 12:32 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Glad to hear you are having a great time. I'm finally in Dothan as of about 2 weeks ago. I'm still looking for a job though. It seems that some of the displaced Katerine evac's have decided to hang around the area and so many of the jobs in town have been filled by them and a source in town tells me that most businesses are giving them first priority for employeement in light of there situations. I think it's great that is being done for them and all, but now I can't find work. Oh well. I have a few applications out for some jobs at Troy Univeristy and the Dothan Eagle so hopefully one of those will call me in for an interview soon. Anyway, that's all from this side of the world. I can't wait to hear about your next adventure!

 
At 10/05/2005 3:43 PM, Blogger Joan said...

Brannon, I looked at Cat's Hostel on the internet. I believe that is where you said you were staying, isn't it? It looks great in the pictures on the net. There is a picture of the stained glass ceiling. Have you been to the Palacio Real?

 
At 10/06/2005 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brannon!!!! Hope u are having the time of your life!! Oley!!!! Is that how u spell that? Oh well.

 
At 10/06/2005 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's Meagan btw, who left the comment above. I'm gonna have to become a member...I hate being known as anoymous. It's depressing.

 
At 10/06/2005 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meagan, Hi! You don't hafta be a "blogger" and you don't hafta be "anonymous". You can be "other" i.e. Meagan. Just click on "other" and type your name. You can leave the "your web page" space blank, if you like.

 
At 10/07/2005 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good to know! thanks Brannon's dad!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home