Saturday, October 01, 2005

Day 10

Well, today is my last official day in Paris. Yesterday was rainy so I didn't do much sightseeing. Last night I went with Annabel (Valentine's friend) to a gypsy concert. I think we expected it to be a little more rowdy but it was still very crowded in the basement of a fancy resturaunt. I think I may have discovered my next unattainable lifelong dream of being the leader of a gypsy band. The singer was amazing... it is a very stylized sort of sound. And a woman from the audience (apparently the singer's sister- as translated by Annabel)got up and did a belly-dance-ish routine. It was nice because it wasn't in French so I was on the same page as everyone else. Today I'm hanging out with Valentine.
I've decided to spend tomorrow day in Versailles and take the overnight train tomorrow night to Madrid. I've already booked 6 nights at the Cat's Hostel there as recommended by my guidebook. I think I'll take the overnight train next Sunday to Barcelona. I'm going to go by the train station today and make a reservation and see when I need to be back to catch the train. I can tell I'll miss Paris... and it will be hard going back to sleeping in a room with 10 other people... but c'est la vie. I've left myself plenty to do on my next trip to Paris. I will try to post tomorrow or tonight but it may be a day or two between the next posts. Travelling.

4 Comments:

At 10/01/2005 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Travel carefully, darlin' girl, and have a great time.

I won't have a heart attack if I don't hear for two days, but try to call or update if you possibly can. I hope you have a phone again.

I'm off to the set of "The Curse of Emily"!

I love you, Brannon Ruth!

Pop

 
At 10/01/2005 9:37 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Spain sounds exciting. Can't wait to hear of your adventure there! Have fun. Love you.
Carol

 
At 10/01/2005 12:25 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

It is so nice to read about your exciting daily activities. Thanks. Do be careful. You are a beautiful, talented and very precious young woman. Evven non family would agree. Your are very important to a lot of people and in the thoughts and prayers of amny. And go to church tomorrow, even though European churchs are said to be ...well what shall we say? But perhaps you can find one worthwhile.

 
At 10/01/2005 1:22 PM, Blogger Brannon said...

I found baking powder!!! It was in the ethic food section under Espange at the HUGE everything store Bon Marche. Yes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home