Monday, October 03, 2005

And now I´¨m used to French keyboards...

I have arrived in Madrid. AND I love it. First of all it just seems super laid-back compared to London or Paris. Second things are cheaper: Third my hostel is AMAZING. Quite possibly the best hostel I´ve stayed in (Val´s doesn´t count). I have a magnetic wristwatch key that opens the hostel door, my room door, AND my gigantic locker that holds my entire pack plus some. There is FREE internet access (that I´m taking advantage of right now) and the common room has a stained glass ceiling. Ding Ding Ding. Wins on all counts. Oh and breakfast is INCLUDED. Yesyesyes. But I keep typing the wrong things now that I´m back to a semi-American keyboard. Last night I treated Valentine to dinner. We went to this great French restuarant where we melted our cheese ourselves on the table in the little frying pans. Mmm. It was rachette.... oh I know thats wrong. At least the pronounciation. Val would kill me: Ha. Anyway it was sad to leave Paris. I came on a sleeper train (where literally all you can do is lie down) which I think would have been alright if I didn´t have my pack as an uncomfortable bedfellow: I mean the bed couldnt have been bigger than 2 by 7 feet. Then I boarded a regular train where I was seated next to a pregnant woman. But the scenery was great and I watched "Tortilla Soup" in its entireity in Spanish. We only get 20 minute slots soooo....Adios.

8 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 12:13 PM, Blogger Joan said...

Posting at 5:39 AM! Wow! I didn't think you probably knew there IS a 5:39 in the MORNING too! I am so glad you are in my dream city and that things seem to be starting off well.

 
At 10/03/2005 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! The eating especially. I am down another pound today. Cheer me on. I sure would like a big steak with a big baked potato, lots of butter and sour cream... I better stop or I'll sign off and fall off --the wagon.

I hope the sleeper didn't keep you from seeing the sights. I know you need takes some breaks to see the sights and experience the culture before writing about it, but I can't wait to hear and see pics of Paris, Versailles, and Madrid. If you never found your USB cord, don't be too cheap to buy another!

I'm painting the shed today. The board and batten siding is a pain.

Call soon. We love you!

Pop

 
At 10/03/2005 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like Madrid. That is one city I know nothing about. I can't even think of an icon for Madrid, e.g. Paris = Eiffel Tower, London = Big Ben. I'm looking forward to pictures!!!
Love, Mom

 
At 10/03/2005 2:30 PM, Blogger Cath said...

Ooh, Madrid. I had a friend who visited there and she loved it. That's gonna have to be one of my next trips! ^_^

 
At 10/03/2005 2:46 PM, Blogger Cath said...

I just read that there was an eclipse in Madrid this morning! Did you see it? I've never seen a solar eclipse before.

 
At 10/03/2005 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brannon. I am enjoying readin you daily BLOG. You are braver as well as smarter than I. But it is wonderful to have children and grands better than I. We just had an eamil from Joshua. He had a message for you. I will just forward it: Joshua said:

" I want to go to Prague sometime soon but I have to wait for my passport to
get in. I might try to go to Amsterdam in the next few weeks.
Terry if you hear from Brannon tell her to give me a call. I'm hoping she
will pass through this way and stop to visit.

Take care Brannon. Love and prayers, Grandmother<><

 
At 10/03/2005 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe you are in Madrid! Glad things are cheaper there and the hostel is so nice-- be sure to take a picture of the stained glass.
Cindy and I have decided to take up yoga--I'm excited! Things are well here--nothing too exciting. Stay safe and have a great time. Love, Lisette

 
At 10/04/2005 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is your life so much cooler than mine right now? Oh, man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home