Thursday, October 13, 2005

The rain in Spain...

...stays mainly in the plain. Except when it is pouring in Barcelona and surrounding areas. Today Thirza and I went to Figueures to see the home, work, and tomb of Dali. It was an hour and a half journey there. We stayed for an hour and half. And an hour and a half back. And it rained. And Dali is messed up... but some of it was really cool. Like the room that mades a womans face. He painted his wife a lot. Which she totally deserved because he´s a big weirdo. But it was good to learn something about the man who´s name inspired my favorite Schroeder´s sandwich. I ate veggie paella from St. Josep´s market for lunner. Mmm. I´m going out to buy souveniers I think. Ladies and gentleman, the five minute blog.

2 Comments:

At 10/14/2005 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope today is drier for you. I'm swimming in report cards, but I think I see the other bank.

Lil is up late, too, writing essays for scholarship applications. Can you think of a good example of how she has demonstrated her "free spirit"? One of the scholarship possibilities is a "free spirit" journalism award. She has been a free spirit from birth, but coming up with clear cut examples from her recent past has been hard.

Back to work!

143

Pop

 
At 10/14/2005 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked up European weather on the Internet, and it looks like Monday will be a partly sunny day in Barcelona with no rain. All of Italy is partly sunny for the first part of next week.
Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home