Friday, October 14, 2005

For those of you who are counting down...

Two months left. Exactly.
Thirza left this morning. I woke her up and promptly locked myself out of the room at 7:45 in the morning. For those of you who are unaware, this is an ungodly time. I really don´t think human beings are equipt to handle hours this early. After trying to discreetly knock on the door I decided to go downstairs and enjoy un-time-limited internet access for say 30 minutes.
Today I hung out with Avinna, another Aussie, who is 31 and has been travelling around since July. She doesn´t have too much longer left. An A-ha (of ¨Take on Me¨ fame) concert, London, Tokyo, and she´s home. We went to the bookstore (I bought Hitchiker´s Guide to the Galaxy and The Hobbit) and then went to The Museum of Chocolate, possibly my favorite museum yet. It was very English friendly, I gladly learned tons and then took an ridiculous amount of chocolate sculpture photos. We drank mugs of liquid chocolate and I tried the Barcelona traditional sponge cake fingers, melindros. And it was perfect for the rainy, dreary, curl up and watch movies all day weather outside. We looked at shops and went to a health food shop right next to the hostel for tea. It was nice. There was a couple from Atlanta there who were vacationing for a couple weeks in Spain so I talked to them for a few minutes. The closest I´ve come before that was North Carolina.
I never made it to the beach. But I saw it from the tour bus and I hear there is one in Nice. I booked 3 nights so the weather better clear up. Tomorrow I will be spending 10 hours getting there...starting at 8:45 am.
I was trying to download my Barcelona photos (I´m paying for internet at the moment) but it is not working and I simply do not have the energy to bother the information girl again.

3 Comments:

At 10/14/2005 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better enjoy Sunday in Nice to the fullest. Here's the weather forecast:
Sun - mainly sunny
Mon - Considerable cloudiness
Tue - scattered showers
Wed - showers possible
Thur - chance of showers
Fri - mix of sun and clouds

Museum of Chocolate - yum!
Love, Mom

 
At 10/14/2005 4:48 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Nice is suppose to be real nice. My grandparents stopped there while on a trip in Europe a couple years ago and they said it was one of there favorite places they went to on that trip. They had mentioned a place to me to tell you to visit but I forgot. You know how my memory is. LoL.

 
At 10/15/2005 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE A PASSPORT!!!

If you need me, I'll be there.

I guess you're on the train the Nice, or maybe even there by now. Have a nice Nice visit.

143

Pop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home