Thursday, October 27, 2005

Yay! It's sunny!

Yesterday, when I got back to the room, my two American boys had been replaced by an Aussie girl from Melbourne, Christabel. Christabel is 23 and on a 4 month trip. We've been away from home roughly the same amount of time. So I spent all day yesterday with her. Part of the hiking trail was closed yesterday because of bad weather... but we're hoping to hike the dell amore part today. Because its so romantic. And easy. We made it to 4 of the 5 towns yesterday. We're staying in Riomaggoire which is the last (or first one, depending on how you look at it). Today we're going to hike to the one we missed, Manarola, and go to the beach for a bit. Last night Christabel made dinner. Which was essencially garbanzo beans (ceci), tomato sauce, a bit of pesto, with onions and garlic. I need to remember this because its cheap and vegetarian. Plus its not bread, cheese, and tomato. Which are the only food groups I've known for quite a while. I'm planning on leaving around 4pm to go to Pisa and from there Florence. I think I may miss my Sunday in Rome. Unless I decide to spend only 2 days in Florence instead of 3. Oh well. I need to book in advance. Christabel is going today and apparently some hostels are full for the weekend. This computer won't let me download my photos...which I feel is pretty misleading and decietful. Time to get out and enjoy the weather. Arrivederci!

1 Comments:

At 10/27/2005 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Australians certainly are world travelers. The photos on the Net and in books of the Cinque Terre are spectacular! Dad and I went to B&N last night and bought a big map of Europe so we can keep up with where you are more easily. We're having great weather here! There was a little frost this a.m. but the days are warm. Eat more protein!!! Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home