Thursday, October 20, 2005

Marseille et Lyon

Yesterday Cassie and I woke up to a dull, gray day in Nice. It was raining and a bit of a pain to get to the train station. But Marseille and Lyon are sunny and beautiful, so maybe I`ve escaped the foul weather at last. We spent the day yesterday in Marseille and took the last train out to Lyon (better Eurail milage) that night. Marseille was very nice. We ate lunch at the port and took the tourist train to the church ontop of the hill. It had gorgeous panoramic veiws of the town, the bay, and the mountains. Then we wandered around through stores and such and had a coffee and headed back to the station. The hostel in Lyon also has great veiws due to being ontop of a large hill. That we have to climb. It's clean and nice enough. The kitchen is small and there aren`t 10 cereal options at breakfast. And most of the people there actually speak French. But it`s not bad for a couple nights. I`m back to the French keyboard... after getting aquainted all over again with the American. Today, we mostly slept and wandered around. I got BonBons! Like the ones we had in high school. Except they didn`t have watermelon flavor. I got strawberry and apple and peach and banana (by mistake, I wanted citron) tey also had coconut and passion fruit ones. We got into the Musee des Beaux Arts for free as students. It was very nice... a lot like the other French museums I`ve seen. It`s really nice to have someone to travel with for a while. Tomorrow we`re going to train to Interlocken. I bought a jumper (Australian for sweater)but not a beanie (tobaggon). I hope it coupled with my fleece and rain jacket will get me through the October Alps. I don`t want to have to buy a warm coat until I get out of Italy.

7 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea!! It's always a relief to hear from you Brannon! Teri Metzger (Trevor's mom) e-mailed me this morning and wanted to know why you hadn't posted. She's checking your blog every day and was worried.
Since Dad can't check your blog from school, I always copy it and e-mail it to him if it's during the school day.
All is fine here.
Love, Mom

 
At 10/20/2005 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've got a traveling companion for a while, too.
The architecture in Barcelona looks like gingerbread houses! I enjoyed seeing the pics. Is #50 under "Madrid" taken during the "getting out of town" fiasco? :-) You look somewhat woebegone!!

I want to be there!!

143

Pop

 
At 10/20/2005 4:30 PM, Blogger Joan said...

You have certainly met your goal IF your goal was to make all of us jealous! What wonderful pics of Madrid, Barcelona, and Versailles! I SO envy you this opportunity -- but I also am SO happy that you have it. Have fun and keep posting! Love you!

 
At 10/20/2005 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, Brannon!

 
At 10/20/2005 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going great! Things are well here. Other than being envious, of course. Continue having a wonderful time. Miss you!
It is so nice (no pun intended) to come home form school everyday and read up on your travels--makes me wish I'd gone. :)

 
At 10/21/2005 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you get a chance shoot me an email and let me know when you will be in Germany. Charlee should be here soon so if you are near we can get together. joshuashearn@hotmail.com
Looks like you are having a great time. I live here and haven't had a chance to see all the things you have.
your cousin,
Joshua

 
At 10/21/2005 7:59 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Hi Brannon -- glad you're having such a good time. I enjoy reading your blog every day. You have quite a fan base! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home