Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm a extreme sporter!


Well if you count "extreme" as leisurely sitting by while a very nice Swiss man does all the work, then sort of gliding in on your face when it comes to landing, being dragged about a bit much to the amusement of anyone passing by. I went paragliding! And it was amazing. Definetely worth the price. I went up a few days ago with my friends. Today I was the ONLY one. And I only booked less than an hour before. So I had my own personal driver and personal attention from my paragliding guide. It was so nice. Really quite unbelievable. I got loads of pictures and two movies. Then I landed on my face. In the cow feild. I guess something ungraceful had to happen. It was really so bad. He told me to stand up and walk a few steps when we landed. Instead I fell over and was dragged a few feet by the parachute. It was hilarious. I was so glad my friend Claire (Cambra, AU) was there to watch and take pictures. I had just washed my pair of pants (one of the two) and they are now COVERED in mud. Later Claire, Jess, and Louise and I went on a hike. I use the term loosely. Jess and Louise took the train up to a town that had snow. Louise had never touched snow before. Claire and I walked back to Interlaken... well the first 10km. Then we caught the bus. It was a beautiful walk though some of it was through the cow trenches. My shoes are soaked. Jess and Louise one-up-ed me and went sky diving. Overall great day. Im not too sure what this picture is of... I just took a guess since all I'm looking at is file names. I think its the one he took right before I went. I have to rush. Swiss internet is tres expensive. They say Danke-Merci here. Odd. But speak mostly German. I have to go so I still have a franc left to cook scrambled eggs tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is an all-day train ride to La Spezia-Cinque Terre. The weather is supposed to be good.

7 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 2:46 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

I went paragliding! And it was amazing.

Congratulations Brannon!!!

 
At 10/24/2005 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a thrill!! I just ran over to tell Erin and Peggy about it (my two cohorts here at work who are living vicariously through your trip).
I love you!!! Hope the cough is better. You probably need rest!
Love,
Mom

 
At 10/24/2005 3:24 PM, Blogger Joan said...

I am so proud of you and excited for you!!!!! Sounds like incredible fun -- bet the adrenaline was pumping and jumping!

 
At 10/24/2005 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous! It sounds wonderful. Wish i could be there. But tomorrow, when I am listening to ten year-olds bicker over who cut who in line, I am going to have to think that you are over in another country, far away arguing children, paragliding. Then I will be even more jealous. Love you!

 
At 10/24/2005 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Brannon! I'm so proud! THAT'S AWESOME!!! Love you!

 
At 10/24/2005 7:47 PM, Blogger Carol said...

YEA!!!!!!!

 
At 10/24/2005 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Beautiful!!!!

(Paste Lisette's comment here)
(Paste Joan's comment here)
(Paste Lillian's comment here)
My mom and yours are both right-on as well.

BTW Lisette... I see Virginia fourth-graders are just like Georgia fourth-graders.

I really look forward to seeing the pics!!

I noticed the weight limits for paragliding: another reason for me to keep dieting.

143

Pop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home