Sunday, September 11, 2005

Day 5

Today I decided to go off my own since I hadn't really done that yet and my new friends (so new I don't remember their names) from UCLA wanted to go to the aquarium. But tonight we're meeting up for dinner.
My goals were:
Walk down the river path.
Go the sunday market.
Go to the Museum of London.
Go to the British Library.
Visit a park.
AND find a cheaper internet cafe.

I took my walk and went to the library. Then it was somehow 5 pm and the Hans Christian Anderson exhibit was closing so I headed back. I was proud of myself for navigating about myself I only got myself into one sketchy neighborhood (not so much sketch as under construction and abandoned) due to a wrong turn but I went around the block and found my way out. I am now using the too expensive internet and I need to decide about my hostel situation because this is my last booked night here. I want to go to Oxford for the weekend I think. I can't afford to go anywhere else. Or maybe I'll go early next week. I'm so glad I chose to spend so much time here because I still feel like I haven't seen enough.
A final thought:
Australians say "heaps" instead of "lots".
Over and out.

9 Comments:

At 9/11/2005 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! We just tried to call again since we barely missed you being on line, we thot we might luck up and catch you near the phone. Oh, well. No luck. Call us when you can.
Sunday 12:58 pm
143

Pop

 
At 9/11/2005 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I love being able to keep up with your trip--your blog is now my homepage. It's sounds like you are having a blast. I'm glad you are finding so many people. I'm jealous! It makes me wish I could be there with you.
But I'm having a blast here, too. I LOVE my class--they are so much fun. I have a few class clowns, but so far they have been good about keeping it under control. And I have one drama queen who has cried three out of the four days we have been in school-- mostly because I have taken away her ruler and/or scissors when she refused to put them away. But hopefully, if I just pretend I don't see her crying, she will give up and quit. But other than that, they seem to be pretty easy-going. We'll see how things develop this week.
I'm so glad things are going well for you! Keep up the blog--I hope you find cheaper internet access. Lisette

 
At 9/11/2005 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh!! Brannon! I miss you!!

 
At 9/11/2005 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! That was me, Meagan Lewis by the way! hehe!

 
At 9/11/2005 5:55 PM, Blogger Joan said...

HI Brannon,
I am really enjoying keeping up with your adventures. ENJOY!!! I love you. Aunt Joan

 
At 9/11/2005 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 6:00 our time. Just tried the phone again to no avail. Are you getting the voice messages? We'll try again at 7 (midnight London time).
143

 
At 9/11/2005 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey honey, I just want you to know that I love you and miss you. I can't wait to hear what comes next.
Love Always,
Asha

 
At 9/11/2005 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It was so good to hear your voice.

I hope we didn't disturb your roommates too much. It sounds like you are having a ball and learning a lot.

I'm glad you've found a better hostel deal and are staying in London another week.

We found the website for the London Eye. I was completely ignorant of it. I hope you get a chance to ride it.

I also hope you get a chance to see a good musical or two while you are there. Next Sunday you should try to get into some historic church, like Westminster. I wonder if there's a Methodist/Wesley tour to be had.

Good night, Beautiful!

143

Pop

 
At 9/11/2005 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.westminster-abbey.org/

http://www.wesleyschapel.org.uk/heritage/wesleyslondon.htm

http://www.stpauls.co.uk/page.aspx?theLang=001lngdef&pointerID=54250WSbsQZLf9jpOaeYl1HFc5XTMFiN

some sites you might wanna check out

I think they are all pretty close to where you are.

143

 

Post a Comment

<< Home