Monday, September 12, 2005

Day 6

I checked out of my room at St. Christopher's this morning because I booked a better deal (weekly rate= £70) at a hostel called "Dover Castle" just down the street. My new Canadian friend Linda and I went over there this morning and they are going to try to put us in the same room. Linda is looking for a job and upon finding that an apartment. I expect this one will be a little lower key since it is geared towards longer stays and not connected to a bar. I hope it is nice. We couldn't check in until 11 and I had my internet appointment at 11 so I haven't been into the rooms yet. Last night my UCLA friends, Brittany and Arianna and I went to Pizza Express which was quite posh and not in any hurry. Tonight we are supposed to meet up at the National Theatre for an acoustic blues guitarist. It's a free event connected to the Thames Festival. My plan is to stay here for another week then leave on Monday for Oxford and Wednesday for Paris.
Things I have left to do in Paris:
London Museum
West End Shows
Groundling at the Globe
See a soccer match (Saturday)
The Comedy Store/and or Club -- both are supposed to be good.
Finish reading Mrs. Dalloway (I bought it at a used book table...thought I should try to read something British)
Petticoat Lane Market (Sunday)
Hyde Park Speaker's Corner

Those are top priority. Though I'm sure I won't get around to all of them without some serious effort. Well I need to try to book my Oxford hostel and Eurostar ticket while I still have some of my hour left. End.

3 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning! (We share the morning for a few more minutes!)

Have a great day. I hope Dover Castle works out great for you.

7:01 a.m. Gotta get to school.

143

Pop

 
At 9/12/2005 7:42 AM, Blogger Joan said...

I'm headed out to the used book store this morning -- maybe I'll find something British to read too, to go along with reading your blog each day! Love you! Aunt Joan

 
At 9/12/2005 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brannon, I just read all of your posts (since the first day) this morning and enjoyed them so much. It is great to keep up with what you are doing! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. One word of advice: be sure to go back to your original "must do - must see" list periodically. I find that it is easy in strange circumstances to get overwhelmed and not know what to do next -- or just go with the flow doing what's easiest. If you've got a list for every city and place, you can stay focused and not end up long after leaving wishing that you had seen or done something that was at the top of your priorities! Have a great time and know that you are loved, valued and appreciated immensely by a whole bunch of family who care about you and are so happy for the opportunity for you to have this wonderful adventure. Have a great time; watch your valuables (the bad people are clever and can spot our vulnerabilities); be prudent and careful; and have a blast! Love you, Aunt Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home