Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A week in London

The weather is lovely in London again. My new hostel is o.k. I have the only single bed in the room and it is by the window... BUT it is smaller than the bunks and one of the window panes is boarded up. Also their idea of "free continental breakfast" is ONE bowl of cornflakes. When the breakfast girl told me that I almost laughed in her face. But she was serious. So I went to Salisbury grocery and got a banana and bagel for 50p. My hair has gone completely mad. The showers are o.k. but you have to search around to find a decent one that doesn't just dribble when you push the button. Most everyone in our room came after I went to sleep and was gone before I woke up. The only reason I knew they were there at all is I woke to people getting ready, misread my watch, got dressed (because I wouldn't want to miss "breakfast")only to find out it was 7 am and went back to bed.
Today I have a specific schedule as yesterday I did nothing but walk around... A LOT. I went to Hyde Park which was nice and lunched there like everyone else. I went to Speaker's Corner but nobody was speaking... I think you are supposed to go on Saturdays or Sundays to hear the radicals. Then I tried to find my way out of Hyde Park. Wandered around the shops at Covent Garden and Piccadilly. I kept taking the subway but then wandering back to the same station a mile away when I wanted to get back on. Then I met up with Arianna and Brittany (who leave for Berlin this afternoon) to listen to the blues guitarist at the National Theatre. He also played some Irish folk music which was very exciting for some of the audience.
The plan for today is:
1. London Museum
2. Try to get cheap seat (£15) tickets to Mary Poppins.
3. Theatre Museum.
4. Download rest of pictures at Internet Cafe (£1.50 for an hour...quite the bargain around here)
5. Go see Mary Poppins.
Done.

1 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! There's a reason Dover Castle commands lower fees, huh? I hope its at least clean and safe.

Just a walkabout day sounds like fun on a loverly dahay in Loondon.

I hope MP works out for you & I sure wish I was there to see it with you. Have a great day, Beautiful!

5:54 a.m. Tuesday Ga Time. Gotta get to school.

143

Pop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home