Thursday, December 01, 2005

To Schweinfurt!

Tomorrow is my LAST day on my Eurail Pass and thus my (perfectly timed)last train journey. From Amsterdam to Frankfurt to Schweinfurt to visit my cousin Josh. Today, I visited the Anne Frank house. I felt like the exposition I saw was more informitive. The secret annex itself is quite bare but its amazing to actually be THERE. I really want to read the diary again. They also had an interactive modern exhibit. Where it posed questions in a news-media sort of way and you got to push "agree" or "disagree" buttons. It was pretty cool. Of course the statements were occasionally spinned a certain way and "yes or no" of course is ridiculously black and white and does not leave room for the gray area in which life actually exists. But it was still a really interesting concept. It told you the percentage of people in the room that agree/disagreed and the percentage of all the people that had voted there.
The rest of the day I spent wandering around. The weather was nice and I might have rented a bike if I had found a place to do so. How strange to be home in two weeks!

5 Comments:

At 12/01/2005 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy a phone card and call us this weekend. Maybe you can get a cheap one at the PX! I've bought some of your favorite Brach's soft peppermints...We'll save a whole bag for you. And I'm going to make a Welcome Home banana cake with cream cheese icing...maybe it won't be so bad to come home! You are still having a wonderful trip! Give Josh and Charlee a hug for us!
Love, Mom

 
At 12/01/2005 8:58 PM, Blogger Terrell said...

Ditto to what Mom said!

The play we judged best in the 6A One-act won state and the guy we gave Best Actor won the Best Actor Award. Here's the link to the other one-act awards, in case you're interested. You're probably not, but "les Miz" as a one-act? I wus taken aback!:

http://www.ghsa.net/index.php?url_channel_id=39&url_subchannel_id=&url_publish_channel_id=979&well_id=2

Have a great time at the Schweinfurt!!

143

Pop

 
At 12/01/2005 10:41 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Can't wait to hear about your visit with Josh and Charlee. I can't believe your trip will be over so soon. These months have flown by. Love you!

 
At 12/02/2005 8:22 AM, Blogger Joan said...

great to read your post this AM, Brannon! I hope you have a wonderful time in Sweinfurt with Josh and Charlee. See lots, rest lots, visit lots, photograph lots, write lots! Enough of the auntly instructions! We love you and miss you and ENVY you!

 
At 12/02/2005 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow -- it seemed like it was going to be a LONGGGGGGG trip, but it has gone by amazingly fast.

How are you getting around the last few days of your trip if your Eurail pass has expired?

Say hello to Josh and Charlee for our branch of the family tree, too!

Much love -- can't wait to hear about your trip first hand. We'll be in Rome for Christmas!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home