Saturday, December 10, 2005

Dubliners.

Ireland is funny...and maybe a little cruel. They have a maternity hospital named "Rotunda". And their slogan for raising money for the homeless is "The homeless are revolting!". Plus they have a "Why go bald?" neon sign. Well, I think it's funny.
I had a productive day yesterday. I went with Dean to see The March of the Penguins. Which I liked a lot. Though I'm pretty sure I dozed off at least 5 times... whenever Morgan Freeman stopped talking. I can't imagine the filming was very easy in Antartica. But it was pretty fascinating learning the about the lives of on of it's only inhabitants. Then we went to the National Gallery of Photography. It was pretty interesting full of prize-winning and political pictures from Dublin since the early 1900's. Next we went to St. Patrick's cathedral. It's enormous. Jonathan Swift is buried there. They also have a door through which a big fued was apparently brought to a truce. Because after cornering one clan the pursuing man cut a hole in the door and stuck his hand through as a sign of good will. Hmmm.
Later I hung out with some guys playing a drum outside the hostel. They were pretty good. Tonight I'll spend in London, where I started.

2 Comments:

At 12/10/2005 11:16 AM, Blogger Carol said...

What are you plans for your last three days in Europe? I'm looking forward to seeing you the day after Christmas and hearing first-hand all about your trip.

 
At 12/10/2005 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't believe you are almost done with your trip. These past few months have flown by! I can't wait to see you! BTW, shopping time is not always wasted time. :) Glad you hae a more productive day, though. Have a fantastic last few days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home