Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Dublin.

I made it! I'm here! It took many, many long hours of travel. And I got busted for my swiss army knife. But the plane landed 20 minutes ahead of schedule and I found my hostel. I'm in a room by myself. Which probably won't last long but for right now its great. I'm about to take the "Walking Tour of Dublin" straight out of my guidebook. Thanks Let's Go. I like Dublin already. I mean .. they speak English here. I can talk to anybody. Even the bus driver. Of course I didn't take advantage of this out of habit. And simply said "One, please" and sticking out my finger in case he didn't get it. I haven't been in an a native English speaking country in close to three months. I got another stamp on my passport. I may come out looking well travelled after all. Okay, I'm off to look for fourleaf clovers, Lucky Charms, and other Irish stuff.

4 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 7:01 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Welcome to Dublin. Probably home of many of your ancestors! I would enjoy Dublin. I cannot believe i am the first one of your many admirers to make a morning comment! Probaly your parents, aunts and friends are close behind me in reading your most interesting blogs. You continue in my thoughts and prayers, beautiful granddaughter.

 
At 12/06/2005 7:40 AM, Blogger Terrell said...

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

-traditional Irish blessing

Ah, me daughter, only seven long days are partin' us. Fill 'em up, with cheer and laughter and fond mem'ries, but hie yoursel' home to your ol' dad, safe and sound!

Ireland! I'm so jealous! Land of our Boggan and Dick ancestors.

 
At 12/06/2005 8:03 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Ireland is another place I'd love to visit. Enjoy!

 
At 12/06/2005 8:16 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Reading your family's and friend's comments is ALMOST as much fun as reading your posts! Your dad's is a hoot this morning. I love that traditional Irish blessing, though -- I'm glad he included it -- and I say "Amen."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home