Monday, December 12, 2005

Back home.... in London.

I got into London a couple nights ago. I still love Ryan air. Iwas put into the "local" room where all my roommates are very fun and comfortable. But they've been there for up to 5 months. Yes, there is a girl who has been living at St. Christopher's for FIVE months. She must've been around the last time I was there. Plus they all have jobs which is BO-RING. And means that everyone is asleep by 11pm and up before I wake up to get breakfast at 9am. Luckily, yesterday I met a couple of German girls at breakfast and palled around with them all day. Pia, who speaks English fluently (I thought she was American when I met her, her mom is from Virginia) and Daneilla are studying in Southern France and were on a weekend break. We went to the Tate Britain museum which I loved. I can't believe I didn't make it around there the first time. We took a free tour and spent a couple hours afterwards looking around. They have this great series of brochures that suggests a "collection" for every mood. They ranged from "happily depressed" to "hungover" to the "i like yellow" collection. I saw Ophelia and The Lady of Shallot. Afterwards I was selected to take a very important survey (how old are you? what brings you to the Tate? how did you find the Tate? would you say you really liked that exhibit?). After that we took the tube to the ice skating rink at the Someset House. It was very scenic but VERY expensive. So we just watched for a while. Then we wandered around Covent Garden and Leicester Square. We ate at a cafe and headed to see the giant Christmas tree at Trafalger. There was a Christmas concert going on...mostly just carols performed by middleschoolers but we stayed for the ENTIRE thing nonetheless. It was a nice day but COLD. Pia and I wanted to go see Narnia but Daniella didn't so we just walked home along the river. It was a good day.

Things left to do before I leave London:
Last minute shopping.
Eat Indian food.
See a play and/or movie.
Maybe ride the London Eye.
Maybe go iceskating.

That's plenty.

7 Comments:

At 12/12/2005 6:19 AM, Blogger Terrell said...

We'll see Narnia with you this weekend!
Jimmy & Sally & Nora are going to stay with us for a couple of days after Christmas.

I am now in two plays simultaneously. We begin rehearsal tonight for To Kill a Mockingbird: I'll be the racist prosecutor. We went to see Urinetown on Saturday night. Despite the disgusting name, it was cute and pretty well done (Mom and Lil would leave off the "pretty": they think I am overly critical: they also think I am very predictable in my responses to plays!) Taylor Buice directed and lots of your Shorter friends were involved.

Have a glorious two day vacation in London! And a beautiful flight home.

I love you!

Pop

 
At 12/12/2005 7:58 AM, Blogger Joan said...

I know you must have mixed feelings about your trip being nearly over -- what great fun and adventure you have had; but won't it be great to be home again?! I am looking forward to hearing in person more about your travels. Reading your journal-type reports has been great. We love you and miss you!

 
At 12/12/2005 8:03 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Good morning, I love reading your Blog each day. Glad you are still having a great tiem.

The big news from London last night was the huge oil fire...did not hear the details..but of course, thought of you and if it was near you. I love you and can't wait to see you. Take care.

 
At 12/12/2005 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're counting the hours until you are home! Savor your last day!
Love, Mom

 
At 12/12/2005 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip home, Brannon. We are glad that we'll see you shortly afterward and get in on the exciting post-trip tales!!

It seemed to go awfully fast even though when I heard you were going to be gone that long, it sounded like forever!

 
At 12/12/2005 3:21 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I hope you get to do all the things left on your list today. Have a great time and safe trip home.

Like Mother, I was wondering if you were near the explosion. The news says you can see the plume of smoke in France and Italy. It is still under investigation as to what ignited it.

I've enjoyed your trip vicariously.

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Beth

 
At 12/13/2005 1:06 AM, Blogger Terrell said...

Check out the websites on my blog today, baby doll, you've made it to Broadway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home