Friday, September 09, 2005

The 3rd Day

I wrote this yesterday but the library would not let me send it. So I am back on the hostel computers. Oh well. The library is still good for longer periods of time.
Yvonne left this morning so we actually woke up early enough to get wheat bread (rather than white) and cornflakes (rather than rice krispies)or at least have the choice from the free hostel breakfast. Erin and I have been sightseeing all day. We went to the British Museum which is HUGE. We just walked around and looked at all of the exibits... well we only got through the Egyptian/mummies and Roman/Greek parts before we had been there for several hours and were very hungry. It's a shame not having Yvonne around because she actually knew where she was going. The Tube is pretty easy but with a pass you can also ride the double decker red buses so we decided to do that. We got on at the museum and the driver didn't even seem that interested in seeing our passes. The we talked to a Spanish couple and got them to take our picture and after about a minute the bus stopped and we said Ciao to them. Then we waited. Then we were confused to here someone yelling. Hmmm. Bus Brawl. OR the bus driver yelling "Last Stop". We gave up on the buses after that. At least on the Tube no one else has to know how stupid you are.
We actually walked back to our original Tube station and ate at a little Italian lunch cafe. Then we just walked about near Big Ben and Westmister and the London Eye. There was some sort of horse-keeping/queen's men thing we ran into but it was beginning to look like it might rain so we decided to come on home.
I'm terribly over budget right now. I've spent almost £150 and it's only been three days. But that includes 5 nights at the hostel and a 7 day tube pass. There is a really nice grocery directly across the street and I'm planning on starting to eat there mostly. It's difficult when you are with people on a shorter trip with a higher budget. Erin leaves tonight. She has to sleep at the airport because her flight leaves so early tomorrow morning. She is going to Berlin next.
The "Ashes" the Aussie/England Cricket tournament/match is a big deal right now. We watched a good bit of it last night. I still have no idea what is going on though a couple of fanatics have tried to explain. I mean, why don't they just play baseball?
Just kidding. But seriously.
We've discovered that we cannot download pictures here at the library even though it has USB capabilities. So I will have to try to find another hub. Tomorrow I will be on my own again. But there are 3 new girls in our room...they were sleeping when Erin and I got in this afternoon. Also there is a girl from China I met this morning who will be here for another 3 weeks.
Anyway, I'm still safe and having a good time. The library internet is booked tomorrow and closed on Sunday so I'll probably be looking out for an internet cafe that will let me download my pictures. Mmmwa!

2 Comments:

At 9/11/2005 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brannon!!! Sorry that I haven't been commenting. I just caught up with your trip, and because no one had commented on this blog you made, I decided to be your first and only! I'm so happy to hear about everything that you've done so far. I'm jealous, excited, and of course miserable without you in my life. I can't wait to hear the next thing you're up to. I love you honey. Stay safe!
Love Always,
Asha

 
At 9/15/2005 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must be blending in (at least to the tourists) the count is up to FIVE people who have stopped me to ask for directions

Good for you! Thinking of you wiht love and prayer, Ruth<><

 

Post a Comment

<< Home