Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Landing

I'm in London! Finally, after TWO LONG plane rides. I am safe and sound at my hostel though I can't check in for another hour. The trip was relatively smooth. Though I did have a bit of trouble figuring out how to catch the train from Gatwich. Once I did it was pretty easy to navigate from there. I've spent my allotted £12 for the day. 9.80 on train fare; .29p for some cream cheese to go on the bagel that I stowed away from my vegetarian breakfest on the plane ( i think my vegetarian dinner was much better than the regular one on board... but the breakfast was not as impressive...but i did get my meals before everyone else... because I'm special); and £2 on 40 minutes of internet time. I probably would not have bought so much had I a pound instead of a two pound coin. But it's for the best because I only have 17 minutes remaining. I met two girls on the plane, Tara and Alexa who are travelling alone like me. One is hoping to work in London and the other is just here a few days in transit to India. They are both from Michigan and a bit unfairly lucky to have seats together. I was stuck on my own amoungst at least 10 couples of seniors. I haven't gotten too much sleep. We landed at 10 AM London time which is 5 AM Georgia time. But I feel pretty good and the weather is nice. I think I'll just look through brochures until they let me check in. I'll try to update shortly. Thanks for checking up!

9 Comments:

At 9/07/2005 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom and Dad are not the only ones hanging on every word. Post every chance you get. We love you and plan to enjoy your adventure vicariously (how thoughtful of you to sit where WE would be comfortable - among groups of seniors!) Aunt Joan

 
At 9/07/2005 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Jan said:

I think this blog is a fabulous idea. I love reading about what you are doing and the preparations for your trip! Write often and lots!

 
At 9/07/2005 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brannon, good to hear from you and get to see you. This is a wonderful idea! I'll get back to you with the address of our friends in Austria. We have it here. . .somewhere. . . I am sure I will find it eventually. I AM your father's sister. YIKES!
You a very, very loved and special. Even without special meals on the plane. Aunt Debi

 
At 9/07/2005 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brannon, go catch a soccer match while you're there. Have fun.

Hall

 
At 9/07/2005 6:20 PM, Blogger Cath said...

Glad you made it! I'm so incredibly jealous right now. :P

 
At 9/07/2005 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, Brannon!

 
At 9/07/2005 10:39 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Wish I could have gone with ya. Have fun! Take some pictures for me of any WWII sites you come across in you adventures. Cause that is what I would have done.

 
At 9/08/2005 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are a few pics of the World Traveler

http://terrellshaw.myphotoalbum.com/

 
At 9/08/2005 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOooo. I'm so happy!!!! You are in Egland holey Crap. Be safe, and have fun. I'm so excited to hear what comes next. I'll be checking on your site pretty regularly. I love you,
Asha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home