Thursday, September 08, 2005

Day 1 and 2

Ok, this is my second time trying to post which is frustrating. But the good news is that I'm having a FANTASTIC time and I found free internet at a library just a few blocks away. Unfortunately you have to book a computer about a day in advance and it is the one that lost my previous blog. So I'm on the expensive hostel internet.
I took a 2-3 hour nap yesterday once I got in to the room because I was so exhausted. I've been hanging around with two girls who I am staying with: Erin, who is travelling around a bit before going to study abroad in Northern Ireland (she flew into Gatwich on NW the same day as I did) and Yvonne, who is from Australia and travelling around the world (she's been gone over 2 months and is going home in November). Last night we went out to eat at the oldest pub in Yorke where I had a non-traditional veggie burger (I think it was just mashed up peas/corn/potatos/carrots deep fried). We watched the N.Ireland/England game with a bunch of (afterwards) angry English boys. But they didn't stay too angry. We went to the karoke party at Belushi's (as in John...specifically Blues Brothers that's the only brand of memorabilia at least). Did you know that English boys have no problem dancing? with each other? They also sing, loudly.
Today we went to the Tower of London. We've had perfect weather. It's gorgeous and the temperature is not too hot...except on the Tube. Erin and I visited the Globe later while Yvonne did laundry. I'm going to go see a show later this week. I'm sad that my friends are leaving so soon. Yvonne leaves tomorrow and Erin the day after. So far I have not travelled at all. My time is running out but I believe I will be able to put up some pictures soon. My internet appointment is for 5pm tomorrow. Love!

6 Comments:

At 9/08/2005 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Babe!! It's great to hear from you and know things are still going well! I put a few of the Getting Ready pics up on myphoto.com. I guess I shouldn't worry about you getting lonely. You've never met a stranger in your life! Already you've made 4 friends & I'm sure you'll make more as these friends leave the picture. (Still i can't resist saying: JUST BE CAREFUL!!) How's the budget after two days?
1-4-3 Pop

 
At 9/08/2005 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS I see a spammer has posted to your blog. You know not to respond to these guys, I hope.

By the way, click on the "Pop" of "Pop said..." to see your pics.

1-4-3

 
At 9/08/2005 9:07 PM, Blogger Cath said...

Ooh, the Globe... Make sure you tell us what play you see. ^_^

 
At 9/09/2005 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey its Meagan! I miss you hun! Glad you are having a fun time! I cant wait to see ya again in a few months! Gaw why does that seem so long from now! hehe! Later gator!

 
At 9/09/2005 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY BRANNON!!

I can't believe you're in Europe......it honestly boggles my mind that you are off on such an adventure! Gah!!! Wow!

Hooray for you, BFF!!

(p.s. - "veggies for life" ....remember that :-) )

 
At 9/28/2005 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY LOSER!!! J/K

Brannon you are the coolest ever and Trey and I decided that you are way cooler than any of us right now (at least until u get back ... hehe) I wish you the greatest time ever and way to go girl! Be careful and keep your money close to you and have some stached away! I had a cool pouch that stached money on the inside of my belt. Anyways live it up and I wish we could be there with u.

Your favorite dork of a friend, Aaron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home